TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Friday, April 30, 2010

EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY! ANGEL CITY RALLY... PART 2

I know most of you reading this are probably thinking... "If you've been to one rally, you've been to them all." I can pretty much agree with that statement, but for us... it's all about the people. It gives us a chance to come together with our good friends and enjoy each others company. We don't get to see each other as often we would like, so using the rally as a venue for a friendly get together is just a bonus. Besides, it gives us a great excuse to... eat, drink and be merry!

EAT...
When my pal the Road Runner is in attendance, you can be sure some finger lickin' good cooking will be taking place. He had his smokers going all weekend long and the smell in our campsite was divine! We had chickens, we had ribs, we had Boston butts... enough food fit for a King, and if you don't believe me, just take a look!

My friend, Shooter made a joke the day we were packing up to leave, that we all ate so much, we'll wake up Monday morning with ear tags on! Moooooo!

DRINK...
Speaking of Shooter... here she is making our favorite treat... jello shots!
Shooter and Perfect Timing made sure we all had another plentiful batch of jello shots for that evening. We also can thank Dallas for supplying us with all the peach moonshine we could drink. Yeowsa!

... AND BE MERRY!!
And merry we were! We all had a wonderful time and we laughed just about the whole weekend! Sometimes, I think you could plop us down right in the middle of hell and we could find a way to have fun! I decided a slide show was in order to capture our amazing rally experience. Notice all the smiles!

Well, there you have it... one big happy weekend! I can't wait for next year!

Harley and I owe our friends a great big thank you for taking such good care of us for the weekend. Since we rode the bikes over to the rally site, we couldn't carry anything but ourselves and some extra duds. Our pals made sure we were covered with everything we might need and then some! Thanks guys! We really appreciate you!

Until next time... party safe and ride hard! Woo Hoo!

Lady R

10 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Ya'll have a great take on how to rally. I'm thinking I should reevaluate this tent and beef jerky notion I roll with.

Smoked meat and Jello shots, mmmmm

Webster World said...

Looks as all had a great time. It's AM here and I'm stavin for some smoked butt.

B.B. said...

I'm hungry now. :)
Looks like a great time, and you're right, it's all about connecting with the friends.
Speaking of...isn't it almost Derby time?

Dean "D-Day" said...

Boston Butt, eh?

I've sank my mouth around a lot of butts in my day but I don't think I've ever had one from Boston.

Rick said...

That's my kind of eating.

Please forgive me Lady. I'm making a shameless plug for my blog. If you get a chance I would appreciate it if you voted for me @...

http://bloginterviewer.com/photography/organized-doodles-rick-green

It's easy, just click on the little blue "Vote Now" button near the top. The contest ends tonight and the competition is closing in. Thanks

Willy D said...

As Dean said: Boston butt? Did you OK it with Caveman first? Who was that Lady with the ‘For Sale’ sign? Any offers?

IHG said...

FUN!

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD... I like to say I graduated to the RV camping. I'm usually pretty tough, but you don't have to... why? And yes... jello shots... very yum yum!

Webster... I still get hungry when I look at these pics. LOL!

B.B... Connecting with friends is the best part of riding to rallies. I just love it! You've probably already seen the Derby pic I posted Monday. I'll be posting more soon.

Dean... all butts taste better from Boston! LOL!

Rick... No problem... I voted before, when I first saw that post. I haven't been back to see who won? Good Luck!

Willy D... I would never try to mess with Caveman's Boston Butt! As far as any offers... to many to mention! LOL!

Steph... DITTO!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I was Sooo hungry before reading this post. Now look what you've gone and done!.
Glad you and your pals got to get together and have a good time. Didn't I see Jello Shots last year?

Lady R (Di) said...

Mr. M... Good thing I can't make the computer do a "scratch and sniff"! You'd be drooling too! LOL!

And yes... you probably did see jello shots last year... and hand grenades... and moonshine... and... uh, let's just say we don't get thirsty, that's for sure!