TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Today is a day set aside to pay special tribute to all our mothers, mothers-to-be, and mothers in our memories. I came across a quote that I particularly like and wanted to share it with you.

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible." Marion C Garretty
I wanted to share a very fun picture I have of my Grandma Vi. She is enjoying her eighth decade of life, and still has the greatest sense of humor. She was visiting me (she lives in Montana) for Thanksgiving about three years ago, and we had an opportunity to get her on the motorycycle. She was all for going for a SHORT little ride, until we told her she had to put on a helmet. "Oh, I can't do that", she said, "it will mess up my hair!"

A big THANK YOU goes out to my Mom for being there for me always, and also being the best girlfriend I could ask for! I LOVE YOU!

Have a great Mother's Day everyone! Lady R

15 comments:

Maggie said...

Great picture of you and your Mom!

Happy Mother's Day, LadyR!

B.B. said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. I loved the quote too. Have a great day!

IHG said...

Love the pictures!

You've asked about Dubuque a few times in your posts. My sister lives in Dyersville so I get to Dubuque every once in a while. It's a fun place to party! :)~

Have a great day!!

Ronman said...

Happy mother's day LadyR. I love the pic of your grandma. Everytime I ride Doll Baby to see my mother I as her if she wants to ride. She's 85 and always says it's too windy or too cold or too something. She says maybe next time.

Ronman

Lady R (Di) said...

Thanks Maggie and B.B.!

IHG...I still have two brothers and a ton of other family still in Dubuque. If you ever need anything, let me know. I did my share of partying in that place!

Hey Ronman, aren't Grandmas Grand!

FLHX_Dave said...

Wow, your mom is a hottie! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree now does it. It's a great thing when you have endured many years and still have enough hair to worry about mess'n up. Happy Moms-Day! I know your little furry ones love you dearly!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Your Grandma is such a cutie!

Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Happy Mothers Day! The picture of your grandmother is priceless.

Lady R (Di) said...

Dave...My mom will love the compliment! One of these days I will tell you some hilarious stories of my Mom and Dad's riding days. I really found out how close this apple is to that tree!

mr. m and Dean... Thanks guys. My Grandma is a really cool gal. I'm glad I have her genes!

"Joker" said...

Awesome pics...so cuuute! I love that line from gramma about not messing up her hair!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

Ann said...

Great pics! Hope your day was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love youre mom and grandma the both just look like a bundle of love

Lady R (Di) said...

Joker... If it hadn't been for that dumb ol' helmet, I think she would have gone! She's a trip! I hope I keep my sense of humor like she has over the years.

Ann...Thanks! I know you had a great Mom's day with Eric being home.

Ultra 242... They're just the cutest bundles aren't they? I love 'em too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lady R,
We do have pretty a great Mom And Grandma don't we.
I still laugh every time I look at that picture. And I can hear Grandma not wanting to "Mess her hair"...LOL I have a copy of that picture. Grandma used it for her Christmas card that year.

Bucky

PS...ROCK ON DUBUQUE!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

Bucky...What do you think Mom would say, if she knew someone says she's still a Hottie? I don't know if we could stand her, ya think? LOL!