TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

GOODBYE OLD FRIEND... HELLO NEW BABY!!

I know this blog is about motorcycles and riding, but today it's about trucks. I wanted to announce the arrival of our newest family member, but I felt like I needed to honor and old friend.

Saying goodbye is tough... especially when that old friend served you well and never let you down.

Goodbye Big Blue...
I'll miss you... Serve your new master well.

(This is where you can bow your heads for a moment of silence.) Amen!

Say hello to my new baby...
They call this "Mango Tango", but it kind of reminds me of another brand I like.

This hard top will be great during the colder months, but we've ordered a soft top for it as well. I certainly plan to check this bad boy out... topless. I can't wait!

4X4= fun!!

Lady R

12 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Now you and Harley can come to Arizona and we can all go 4 wheeling!!!!! Ain't life sweet?

Unknown said...

Lady R:

I used to have a YJ and it was mostly "topless" all the time. We used to explore the backroads and non-pavement.

enjoy and welcome to your new baby

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Julie said...

My son cried when we took his first vehicle, "Old Betty" to salvaged.

mq01 said...

i love going topless in my mustang too =) woohoo!

FLHX_Dave said...

Brat! If I was forced to drive a car...that jeep would be exactly what I would target. Schweeeet!

B.B. said...

Whoo to the friggin' hoo! I love it, and let us know when you go to AZ to go wheelin'....we'll meet you there! :)

WooleyBugger said...

Very nice ride ya got there. Can't wait for the "Topless" shots either. "Okay, so I was being a pig", he says while Shrugging shoulders and looking at his feet, "but I'm a guy so what's your point." LOL

By the way, the word verifi is "labless" so I recon ya gotta get a lab now too to ride in it with you.

IHG said...

Loving the new ride! SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!

Twitch said...

I heard the words Lady R and topless in the same sentence and headed straight over here. Oh well, maybe next time.

And I thought this blog was about you anyway, so write whatever you like it's all good.

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD... yes... life is sweet! Thanks for reminding me!! :)

Bobskoot... I went by the dealership one week after we bought it and the dude who sold it to us laughed and said... "now that's what a jeep's supposed to look like." When I turned around to see what he was referring to... I realized how dusty and dirty it already was. Hell, we put 500 miles on her in the first weekend! Soft top is on the way! Can't wait!

Julie... I've only had this baby for a month now, and I've fallen in love with it. It handles like a sports car, but I'm big! I can see why he cried! :(

Mq01... Yesssss! We thought about the Mustang too. I really like them, but I need more room on a regular basis than the Mustang could give me. Besides... the Jeep lets me go off road, which was what I wanted to be able to do. I can't wait for the soft top to come in. Pics will follow!

Dave... The Jeep is not just a cage... it's a transformer!! LOL! This definitely makes driving more tolerable.

B.B. You got it! We still need to make that date! :)

Wooley... lol! That reminds me of a joke my friend told me.

Man driving down a road. Woman driving up same road. As they pass each other. Woman yells out window, PIG! Man yells out window, B****! Man rounds next curve. Man crashes into a HUGE PIG in middle of road and dies.
Thought For the Day: If men would just listen... muahahahaha!!

IHG... Thanks! I'm lovin' it!

Twitch... So sorry I disappointed you! LOL! Thanks for the comment! I appreciate what you said (about my blog being about me) and it was just what I needed to hear right now. You're right... it's all good!

Kathleen Jennette said...

I've been RV shopping... now I need a jeep?! LOL Looks like this could be too much fun!

Ronman said...

Who doesn't love TOPLESS?!?!?!?!