TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Friday, December 7, 2012

FRIDAY FUNNY - TAKING CARE OF YOUR SCHNAUZER

Joker
Author's note: I'm sorry I was absent Monday, but my little Joker has a pinched nerve at the base of his neck which has been consuming my attention.  It's a terrible thing to hear the little guy cry and whimper in severe pain and I cannot do anything to alleviate the problem.  We have him on anti-inflammatories that are starting to help him, but we may not be out of the woods with his problem.  Our vet said, dogs can suffer the same fate as humans when it comes to disc problems and spine issues. The funny thing is... we are talking Chiropractic therapy to avoid surgery.  Go ahead... roll your eyes, but I have been known to be a bit off the deep end when it comes to my four legged babies. In light of my dilemma, I've decided to share this loving pet owners demise as she does the necessary things to take care of her own precious baby. Enjoy!


My wife found out that our dog (a Schnauzer) could hardly hear, so she took it to the veterinarian.

The vet found that the problem was hair in the dog's ears. He cleaned both ears, trimmed the hair, and the dog could then hear fine. The vet then proceeded to tell Andrea that, if she wanted to keep this  from recurring, she should go to the store and get some Nair hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month.

Andrea went to the store and bought some Nair hair remover.  

At the register, the pharmacist told her, "If you're going to use this under your arms, don't use deodorant for a few days." 

Andrea said, "I'm not using it under my arms."

The pharmacist said, "If you're using it on your legs, don't use body lotion for a couple of days."

Andrea replied, "I'm not using it on my legs either.  If you must know, I'm using it on my Schnauzer."

The pharmacist says, "Well... stay off your bicycle for about a week." 

6 comments:

Trobairitz said...

So sorry to hear about Joker, I hope he feels better soon.

Love the joke though, it made me smile.

Unknown said...

Lady Di:

Hope that Joker is feeling better

and I am smiling too

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

mq01 said...

oh joker, im sorry :( i feel your pain babes... ladyR, chiro is the best thing to correct probs with C1! ive lived this pain since 2010, i just recently found a healer of a chiro, and im getting better! :) get better joker!

BeemerGirl said...

I don't roll my eyes. I've been there. Our dog had a pinched nerve at one time. The drugs did nothing. Thankfully, our vet had an energist on hand who recommended a chiropractor/accupuncturist. Within two hours she had almost full motion back. Good luck. Hope she feels better soon.

WooleyBugger said...

Take care of that pup. You won't find me rolling my eyes, I'll never tell how much we spent on our springer trying to save her eye after a tumor developed in it. I will say I could have bought a newer HD but she gave me more joy. She was my girl.

Lady R (Di) said...

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes for my Joker! It's been tough, only because my feelings get hurt real easily when it comes to my little guys, but he is so much better after being on the anti-inflammatories for a few days. We still may need some Chiro therapy and we will be visiting one next week. For now, he seems to be happy to be pain free. Yay!

Thank you all again!!