TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, September 10, 2012

PIC OF THE WEEK - MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL

Today's Pic speaks for itself...

MEDICINE FOR THE SOUL
Millerville Highway, south of Sylacauga, AL
This picture was taken a couple summers ago, but it's a road that Harley and I travel often. This past Saturday we were riding along this very spot... and got drenched! 

Oh well... I didn't melt and "the boy" got a good rinsing. Happy day!

Have a great week everybody.

Lady R

9 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Some days a ride in the rain is all the bath my bike gets. Of course the road spray will make it dirty again. At least you were out riding, and that is a good thing.

Great picture too, looks like a fun road.

Webster World said...

We do get wet at times. I di like running the 231. A lot to see.

mq01 said...

i went for a ride this weekend too! :) happy rinsing ;)

Lady R (Di) said...

Trobairitz,

I was just complaining that morning about how dirty my bike was, and that I should be washing it. I think God was just helping me out a bit. lol!

We pulled into one of our favorite highway dives, to give the rain a chance to move on. Thank goodness they had an outside picnic table (under a covered patio!) By the time we finished eating, we noticed that we re-hydrated the old wood just by sitting and dripping on it. Giant wet spots! Too funny!

The rain was done, we rode on, and were dry within 30 minutes. Ahhh, the laundry is done too! :)

Take care,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Webster,

I feel like I know Hwy 231 like the back of my hand. It takes us to many of our favorite places!

Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Mq01,

A little soap, and it would have been complete! :)

No worries, we didn't melt and it makes us appreciate the sun just a little more.

Ride on sista!
Lady R

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Lady R:

When the horizon beckons, there can only be one response. You apparently got it right.

Nice picture.

Fondest regards,
Jack/Reep
Twisted Roads

Lady R (Di) said...

Dear Jack,

Thank you... I love it when I'm right! ;}

Lady R

Michael Ruth said...

Most beautiful place shared on the above post. I really want to go there. Keep sharing good work.
meet and greet at Birmingham
meet and greet at Heathrow