TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Friday, June 1, 2012

FRIDAY FUNNY- GIVING UP WINE


A nicely dressed woman was walking down the street when she was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked her for a couple of dollars for dinner.

She took ten dollars out of my wallet and asked, “If I give you this money, will you buy wine with it instead of dinner?”

'”No, I had to stop drinking years ago”, the homeless woman told her.

”Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?” she asked.

”No, I don't waste time shopping,” the homeless woman said. “I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive.”

”Will you spend this at a beauty salon instead of food?” she asked.

”Are you NUTS?” replied the homeless woman. “I haven't had my hair done in 20 years!”

”Well,” the nicely dressed woman said, “I'm not going to just give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my husband and me tonight.”

The homeless woman was shocked. “Won't your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting.”

She said, “That’s okay. It’s important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments and wine.”

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lady Di:

It looks like she is kissing me

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

mq01 said...

lol!!!!!!!! happy friday!

Unknown said...

Lady Di:

Where's your Friday funny marriage. Somethings gone wrong with your blog posts this morning.

It was there one moment, then gone . . .

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

Lady R (Di) said...

Bob,

You caught me. The truth is, after I posted my funny about this homeless woman, I developed an uneasy feeling that I was being very insensitive... toward the homeless. It nagged at me for over an hour, until I sat back down and decided to post a different joke and remove this one. After I had done so, I noticed that you posted a comment on here already... that of course, made me laugh. So I figured I needed to throw caution to the wind and go with it. I truly hope no one gets offended by my Friday Funnies... I mean no harm by them.

So... I'll save my "Marriage" funny for next week. It'll be more timely, as our anniversary is on the 14th.

Not quick enough,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Mq01,

Happy Friday to you too. Yesterday was a good day... for Harley. Just wait till I share!!

I'll give you a hint... "08 Ultra Classic Electra Glide... SOLD!

Blowing the dust off our helmets,
Lady R

Webster World said...

That is why I never bitch about it.