TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, August 29, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - INFINITY AND BEYOND

I just love looking down a long span of railroad tracks. Don't ask me why, but I've always imagined myself being able to ride my Glide down them and slice through the country side without anybody else around me. Also, I think they are a thing of beauty in themselves.

INFINITY AND BEYOND
This tired piece of rail runs through an old abandoned town in Lowndesboro, AL where cotton and other southern commodities were loaded up and sent out on rail cars.

I'm trying to find out more about this cool little place, cause I have some more awesome pics to share with you.

In the meantime... have a great week everybody!!

Lady R

7 comments:

WooleyBugger said...

I agree about tracks like that. I guess it's the imagination wonderment of what it was like back when on those old tracks. It's hard to explain really. I'm drawn to old towns like this, please tell us more about it. The is the same sort of deal Chessie of Chessiestales blogs about and keeps me coming back to read more.

Lady R (Di) said...

There are so many places like this in the south. I'm going to try to do better at bringing them to you. I look back through my pics and see that I have lots I haven't shared yet.

Dean "D-Day" said...

I love these pictures! I love tracks too! Can't wait to see more!

Rhonda said...

It definitely gives you the feeling of a journey. The building is intriguing, you know there is a good story somewhere.

Lady R (Di) said...

Dean... my southern cousin grew up around this area and has a whole story about. I need to pick her brain a little and bring it to ya.

Rhonda... I love looking... and wondering. It's the story of my life! lol!

Jack Riepe said...

Dear LadyRidesALot:

Train tracks are a thing of beauty, as are most trains... Especially old one driven by steam. Nice photos. The only thuing better than looking down old tracks, is seeing the world from a first-class train. I hope to have such a trip next year.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Julie said...

That would be too b-b-b-b-b-bumpy...