TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

OKAY... ANOTHER PIC OF THE WEEK... ONLY BETTER!!

Yesterday afternoon, while I was getting our dinner together, I asked Harley what he thought of my pic choice for yesterday's Pic Of The Week entry. He just shrugged and said, "It's okay." I said, "Just okay? Was it too lame?" He just looked at me and squeezed up his right cheek like we was winking and said, "Out of all the pictures you have... that's your pic of the week?"

Hmmmm, nuff said. He threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to rise to the occasion. So in the interest of bringing my readers the best I have to offer... I decided to post more candy for the peeps. Consider this a Tuesday Treat.

1925 BOHMERLAND
The Bohmerland is one of the most unusual machines in the history of motorcycles. Designed to seat three people in tandem, some versions were almost ten feet long. Originating in Czechoslovakia, this 20 h.p., 700 lbs. machine could pull a top speed of 60 m.p.h. Approximatley 1000 of these were built between 1924 and 1939 and only a handful remain. This machine is the oldest Bohmerland known to exist.

For those of you who don't get turned on by road shots, I hope this little bit of fluff helps you make it through your week.

Have a nice Tuesday!

Lady R

14 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

I love the road shots, but this is a great looking old bike. It was almost cartoon looking until I clicked on it and could really see the details. And 60 doesn't seem fast until one considers the quality of roads in the early 20s.

Thanks for the Tuesday Picture of the Week.

Willy D said...

The words “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” come to mind.

mq01 said...

gorgeous. but i cant help but think that it must have been a bitch to keep clean ;) great pic!!

fasthair said...

Ms. Lday R: Harley was right. But he's a guy and we are always right :) me likes this bonus photo of the week much better!

fasthair

Darlin' said...

You had a wonderful b-day it looks like, atleast the weather cooperated. This has been on my want to do list and I thought 29 Dreams was near by too, sounds like a plan taking form. Maybe we can get schedules coordinated and get this one checked off the To Do list. Wheels Thru Time in Maggie Valley was super too, heard it moved to AZ, so can't wait for the opportunity to see this one. 1 of Detail's customer's is going up for the Vintage Festival in Oct that shld be a treat too. See ya soon!!!

FLHX_Dave said...

Wow! I could swear I saw that in an old Tony Curtis movie, the great race, or some crap like that.

Awesome! Thanks. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! I know turning 28 must really be hard on a gal but seriously...you wear it well.

Kathleen Jennette said...

Looks like the Time Machine. They actually have a sidecar named by that. I like it.

Lady R (Di) said...

AZDude... I think it would beat you to death too! But sure looks purty!

Willy D... It does! How funny. I don't think it can fly, though.

mq01... What a chore! I wonder just how comfy the ride is?

Fasthair... I told Harley what you said here... then I told him to go start his own blog! LOL! I'm glad the second choice was more appealing. Have a great day!

Darlin... Thanks friend! How the heck are ya? 29 Dreams is right on the way to the museum on Hwy 25. This road is awesome for riding too! Plans are most definitely in order. Ya'll need to come up for the weekend and we'll hit some of our favorite places and have some fun! :)

Dave... I think your right. "The Great American Race" with Penelope Pitstop or something like that. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yeah... 28... sucks getting old. HA! Next year's the biggie. oh shit! I have a lot to accomplish by then... I better get busy.

Baron's Life said...

This is one hell of a nice machine....Wow...!

Webster World said...

Oh I like the rosd shots. But I gotta say this is a Tuesday treat. The wheels. Don't know I've ever seen wheels like that until the 90's. And Happy late Birthday. Mine a week ago. 58! veri word: suohol

Lady R (Di) said...

Baron... I thought it was pretty cool. But you should see all the "cool" bikes in this place. Should be on every bikers "bucket list" of places to visit.

Webster... Happy Birthday to you too! I love having a summer birthday, don't you? I never had to go to school on my special day! Hope you had a great one and thanks for the comment.

BTW... when are we going to start reading the blog over at Webster's World??? (my word veri was "bilion"... as in not in a bilion years? LOL)

Dean "D-Day" said...

A Tuesday treat indeed!
Very unique. I like it.

Lady R (Di) said...

Dean... glad you like. This museum would be a must see if you get in our area. Let me know when your coming and we'll plan a day of it. :)

Ann said...

Beautiful! And happy belated bday! :)