TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, April 30, 2012

PIC OF THE WEEK - BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE

I captured two really cool pics of a resident butterfly during our weekend at Lake Martin last summer.  Mike's uncle let us use his cabin for a couple days, and I noticed this beautiful creature both mornings we were there.

BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE
 

It's so cool when they land on you. I've been told... when that happens, it's a kiss from God.

We spent the day Saturday at the Ridge Marina looking around at boats and collecting brochures. The memories of our pontoon days came flooding back and taunted us with temptation.  We've also been researching different camper styles and travel trailers. There's so many choices out there, it can be a bit overwhelming... but fun!

In trying to decide how we want to move forward with our adventurous spirits, we even sat on two brand new motorcycles Friday.  Yikes! Talk about temptations!

Hmmmm... our tickers are ticking. Have a great week everybody!

Lady R

12 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Yeah for new toys!! A girl and her favorite boy can't have to many new toys! Looking forward to the pictures of the decision!

Anonymous said...

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Very nice.

Trobairitz said...

Beautiful butterflies.

Isn't it fun to shop around? To buy or not to buy, either way it is fun to window shop and try things on for size.

Beck said...

"Toys are fun", no matter what age you are and "especially" when you have someone to share them with! Gotta go play now! See ya!

mq01 said...

LOVE! here in big sur, pacific grove, monterey (closer to viking dave, bb, willy d, mrs willy d); we have an annual migration of monarchs that is phenomenal if you time it right...

http://www.seemonterey.com/pacific-grove-california

bikes, boats, campers, oh my :) sounds like somebody is needing a new toy ;) this is gonna be fun...

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD...

Toys, toys, toys!!! And it's not even Christmas! The camper and boat shopping have been sort of on going for the last couple of months. But let me tell you... my chin hit the floor (and my heart skipped a couple of beats) when hubby pulled into the Honda Dealership and said... "Let's just look." For some reason, he wanted to try on the Goldwing for size. I don't think the sales guy appreciated me too much when I looked at Harley from behind and stated... "Yep... you'll be my favorite Hondapotomus riding on that thing!" We both laughed at the UNamused look on his face. What can I say.

I'm not getting excited yet... it's waaaaay too early! (But... we're looking!)

Remaining hopeful,
Lady R (Di)

Lady R (Di) said...

Dear No Name...

I'm glad you commented! I knew someone would know what to officially call my beautiful friend. I've never been one to get to know all the names of the species, but butterflies are one of my favorite bugs! God is good!

Thanks for your visit!

Lady R (Di)

Lady R (Di) said...

Dear Trobairitz,

I know! As a girl, I never got into clothes and jewelry, but take me shopping for toys... I'm yours!

It'll be fun deciding which way to go... I think!

Lady R (Di)

Lady R (Di) said...

Beck...

You go girl! Woo Hoo!

Lady R (Di)

Lady R (Di) said...

Dear Mq01,

I have always been a butterfly fan. It would be awesome to visit there some day.

Shopping IS fun, but trying to decide which way to go... not so much! I wish I could win the lottery so I wouldn't have to choose! (Spoken like a selfish child!)

Stay tuned... whatever we do, I'm sure I'll be sharing with all of you!

Lady R (Di)

Webster World said...

Love critter's. I'll bet it's a rough....Now what to do. thing.

Willy D said...

My cat would eat it.

Get a Harley trike.