TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, November 14, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - ON TOP OF REBECCA

Saturday, Harley and I loaded up the puppies and took a topless Jeep up to the Talladega National Forest.  It was a gorgeous fall day with sunny skies and temps hoovering in the mid 60's.  We had all terrain fun with our four wheels and saw some great fall colors to boot! 

ON TOP OF REBECCA

(sung to the tune of "On Top Of Old Smokey")
On top of Rebecca,
All covered with trees.
Look how my Jeep matches,
With all of these leaves.

What else were you thinking?? Hmmmmmmm...???

REBECCA MOUNTAIN
 
Rebecca Mountain joins up with Horn Mountain as they serve as foothills to their bigger brother, Mt.Cheaha, which is Alabama's highest point.

PEEK-A-BOO VIEW

I just love crawling through the forest and creeping our way through God's beautiful creation.  The peek-a-boo views are worth every effort that it takes to get here.

I have more to share and pictures to show, but for now... have a great week everybody!

Lady R

6 comments:

Webster World said...

I thought at first I'd once been there. Then I saw mountain. Oh well. I do miss those rides in the Blueridge I once took. Most all leaves are gone here.

Oz said...

Great color! We don't get that kink of fall in Texas.

SonjaM said...

The Jeep goes nicely with the fall colours. Love the view!

Lady R (Di) said...

Webster... lol! I figured Viking Dave would have been here already wanting to see who his sweetheart has been sharing with. :D

Motoroz... For the past two weeks, everything has been exploding with color! It's so pretty right now, even driving through town, the landscapes are popping!

SonjaM... Thank you! I love the color of my Jeep and fall is a perfect compliment for it.

FLHX_Dave said...

I miss the fall colors of the Wasatch Mountain Range. You know what? I feel the same way when I'm on top of Rebecca!

Thanks for letting us watch.

Lady R (Di) said...

Dave... I'm sure it doesn't take you as long to climb on top as it did for us! lol!