TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, September 6, 2010

PIC OF THE WEEK - LAKE MARTIN SUNSET

It's Labor Day... a time to celebrate hard work and the end of summer. The days are getting shorter, nights are feeling cooler and the promise of Autumn is lingering just around the corner. We spent some time on Lake Martin a couple weekends ago, and I was fortunate enough to experience a couple beautiful sunrises and sunsets while we were there. Our lives get so hectic sometimes, that when I actually get to pause and enjoy these moments, I feel like I've just been given a precious gift. It was actually hard for me to pick just one.

LAKE MARTIN SUNSET

How about a bonus picture! Why not? It's a holiday and besides... I get to do what I want here. (LOL!) Now that we've said goodbye to summer with a gorgeous sunset... let's say hello to Autumn with an even lovelier sunrise.

LAKE MARTIN SUNRISE
Waking up to scenery like this everyday must be good for one's soul. I think life on the lake would be like living in heaven, right here on earth. Can you imagine... riding all day till your hearts content only to come home to this? Ahhhhhhh. I've only got one thing to say... lottery!

Be sure and check out my "RIDIN' THE WATER" post from yesterday. I had a blast ridin' Sea Doo's while I was there and I definitely made some waves... that's for sure! Happy Labor Day everybody and have a great week!

Lady R

10 comments:

mq01 said...

ahhhhhhh, beautiful! happy labor day everyone!

Lady R (Di) said...

It was a nice day off! Now... back to the grind.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Beautiful Pics. Sunsets are some of my favorites. Can't beat a good sunset over water.

Dean "D-Day" said...

When you started your vacation on the lake, I was hoping I'd get to see some kick-ass sunset pics.
Knew you wouldn't disappoint me!

Webster World said...

Oh these are great photo's. We just got back from Petosky on Lake Michigan. Waking up on a lake would be great. I looked at an ad. A lot up there was $418,000. Yep lottery here I come:)

Lady R (Di) said...

Mr. M... Sunset over water might only be topped by a sunset over the mountains. Either way... it's a gift from God every day.

Dean... Glad I could deliver! It was totally awesome to be sitting in the middle of this big lake, with the love of my life, watching the sun say goodbye for the day. What could get better than that? (yes... we had beer) LOL!!

Webster... Ahhhh... Life on the lake would be the absolute best! And as in most areas like this, you'll have your modest home and cabins, and then you'll have your monsters on the lake. Your right... get your $$$ ready and keep your lottery ticket current. LOL!

Kathleen Jennette said...

You take such great pics. What camera do you use?

Oz said...

Awesome pics! Great way to spend the day.

Lady R (Di) said...

KT... Thank you! I use a Fuji FinePix S5100 with a 10X zoom. The two sunrises you see in this post are from the same position (on the dock) but the first one is zoomed in all the way. I'm very pleased with it and it's capable of doing much more than I can do. But I'm learning!

Motoroz... Thanks! I hope you had a great Labor Day too. How's the bike shopping coming? Find anything interesting?

FREEBIRDRONNIE said...

I love the sunset one! vey nice pic, it's the reward for riding...

Un saludo.