TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, October 5, 2009

PIC OF THE WEEK

"MELLOW YELLOW"
"I'm just mad about Saffron.
A-Saffron's mad about me.
I'm-a just mad about Saffron.
She's just mad about me."
"They call me Mellow Yellow,
Quite rightly.
They call me Mellow Yellow,
Quite rightly.
They call me Mellow Yellow."
Harley and I took a short little rest stop at some rail road tracks during our ride Saturday, which gave me the opportunity to capture a shot of these golden beauties that filled my eyes all day and had Donovan singing "Mellow Yellow" in my head!

I know these aren't very spectacular pictures for this weeks "Pic Of The Week" choice, but these brilliant yellow wild flowers where every where and it made me think of that song. The sun was shining bright, while the air was cool and crisp; and after a leisurely 225 mile ride around our Alabama countryside, I was feeling pretty mellowed out myself.

Weekends just don't last long enough... do they?

Have a nice Monday everybody!

Lady R

11 comments:

Ann said...

I like the yellow flowers. The song - not so much. ;)

Weekends are always too short, but I'm glad you had a good one!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Glad you were able to get some saddle time and be "mellow".

mq01 said...

EXCELLENT!!! sounds like a nice weekend. the windshield pic is my fav :)

Dean "D-Day" said...

Glad you had a good weekend.

And while I like the yellow flowers, I think Donovan was singing about getting mellow with a different plant.

Lady R (Di) said...

Ann... I'm looking forward to the other colors to start breaking out for our "Fall". We don't get much of one but here, but when we ride up to Mt. Cheaha, the colors are more vibrant. We'll be heading that way in the next weekend or so. Maybe get some pretty Fall pictures then.

Mr. M... Me too. I needed to feel me some "mellow". Ahhhhh!

mq01... LOL! My hubby is always laughing at me when I try to put parts of my bike in the shot. He thinks I'm a little off sometimes. Thanks for the encouragement... maybe I'll be "off" more often.

Dean... Thanks! My riding did my heart and mind some good.
Donovan may have been singing about the yellow flower's cousin, but it played in my head all day just the same. LOL!
(drifting off... "they call me mellow yellow....")

Canajun said...

Now you've got me singing it.

As for the windshield picture, where are all the squashed bugs? I can't go 5 miles around here without having to wipe off insect remains.

FLHX_Dave said...

I sing that song at every roadside piss stop.

They are great pictures not matter what because you fancy them. Thanks for sharing your fancy.

MeanDonnaJean said...

I can honestly say that song is not one that EVER comes to my mind at all....but wow, was thatta blast from the past or what! Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Damn...is Donovan even still around? Dead? Any ol' hippies out there (other than me) know?

Lady R (Di) said...

Canajun... I washed my windshield at a gas stop not very long prior to this pic. :)
Sorry for getting into your head with Donovan... some songs are just infectious like that. Let's try something else. How about this...
There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks. (do do
do dodo dodo do do do)
And everybody calls it the Sugar Shack! (do do do dodo dodo do do do)
Have a nice day!!

Dave... Thanks for the visual. I won't be able to hear or sing that song now without thinking about you pissin' on the roadside! Geeze Louise!
Glad you liked my "fancy" flowers. ;)

MDJ... Nothing like a good blast from the past to appreciate the present (well, we hope so anyway).

Sometimes I get these old songs in my head and they don't leave... ever!

IHG said...

I love seeing all of the flowers in the ditches when we ride. Thank you for sharing these with us. I think it's awesome that you notice the beautiful things along the way! :)

Lady R (Di) said...

Steph... I enjoy noticing the changes to the landscape as the seasons come and go. These bright golden rod (weeds!) came up over the last 3 weeks or so and are all over the roadsides and ditches.

I love flowers! (achoo!) Okay... weeds!