TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Do you ever have one of those days, where you just feel good all over? Well, I'm having one of those days! I have many things to be thankful for!

I just spent these past couple days with a couple of great girlfriends. These two particular ladies are part of what I refer to as my "Posse", and my previous post of Feb. 2nd pretty much sums up how I feel about these two. Crazy Chick and The Earth Mother don't live close to me, so the time we spend together is usually what I call, nice quality time. Little Hanna Montana was with us. She belongs to Crazy Chick, and she is a pretty cool little friend. She's a great little dog sitter too.
We enjoyed a great lunch at one of my regular romps, Sinclair's on the Lake. (also written about in a previous post). Afterward, we took Hanna Montana to a place across the road called "The Children's Harbor". It's a pretty cool Campground, with a Light House, a Fog Bell Tower, and other interesting play structures. This facility provides a campground dedicated to children with cancer. This place is truly a Godsend.

I got to crank up and practice my Kareoke skills a little, and it was during this time, that we missed our absent friend, Red Light Roxanne. She can Kareoke like no one else! My songs of choice this time were, "The House of the Rising Sun", and of course, "Born to be Wild"! I sang like no one was listening, and that means loud! LOL! I'm glad my neighbors take their hearing aides out after 8:00. I think we were safe!

We had a weekend full of fun and adventure, and I will have great memories of our time together. After we said our goodbyes and gave repeated hugs in the driveway, we waved goodbye to each other as they turned their "Girls Fun Mobile" south and headed home.

Feeling a little sad that I don't live closer to my friends, as I came back into the house, I decided to see if I could cheer myself up by checking in on some blogger buddies. I got a pleasant surprise when I checked my first new comment. My little brother, Bucky, has found his way! I saw his comment on my most recent story, got so excited, and answered the comment immediately. Then I realized, as I went back in my post history, he left a little trail of messages in my comment section on several posts. For me, this is a great feeling, because I like feeling close to my family. We were pretty tight knit as we were growing up, and the fact that we all live in different places, we have to make an effort to keep in close touch.

So, when I decide to measure my worth, my friends and my family are without a doubt, what I am the most thankful for. I'm married to a good man who is still my sweetheart and my best friend. I think everything else is small stuff and replaceable. I FEEL GOOD! Lady R

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Ya Sis,

'nuff said

Bucky

"Joker" said...

You said it all in that last paragraph Lady Di and you're 100% right - that is what it's all about.

I've been glad to know you as a fellow blogger. I respect you as a sister on the road. I hope one day to get the chance to meet you and Harley, and maybe earn the title of a friend.

I still continue to be amazed at the warmth and love there is to be found out there on two wheels. My thanks to William Harley and some brothers named Davidson, who made a bicycle into a legend in a little wooden shed, way back in 1903.

In a strange sort of way, that makes us all family of a sort. Granted, it's a very extended family, but I'm grateful for it nonetheless.

Lady R (Di) said...

Amen, Joker. Maybe we can turn that East Coast Blogger Brigade into something more than a idea. I think meeting a lot of ya'll on some big ride would be awsome. As you said, I to, am grateful for my extended family. Lady R.

Unknown said...

Sounds as if you are in a good place.

irondad said...

Perspective. Thanks for the reminder. Hope riding a Honda instead of a Harley doesn't shut me off from feelin' the love!

Lady R (Di) said...

Noway Irondad! We there's plenty of love to go around for anyone on two wheels!

DND said...

When you have time, check out my blog. You've been tagged.

One Harley Rider said...

Nice post, as a rider who moves around alot ..... 5 states in the last few years ..... I feel your need for friends & family. Ride safe, see you on the road.