TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FLASH FICTION FUN

I'm probably a glutton for punishment, but I submitted another entry in the Indies Unlimited Flash Fiction Contest. I'm not really sure why I like participating in these fun exercises other than they give me a chance to sharpen my fictional imagination. I'm working on something that will probably take quite a while to feel like I'm making any progress, so taking on a short project like these contests are like recess for the regimented.

This week's contest was titled, "The Last Season".    
Photo by K. S. Brooks
This is the picture they show you to incorporate into your story... in 250 words or less.

They also provide a few lines to kick start your outline...
"This will be the last season for the old lodge. Jess is getting on in years. The money from the developers must have been mighty tempting, too.
There is another reason Jess decided after all these years to sell that lodge—and a reason he’ll be leaving soon afterward. There is something no one else knows yet."

In the spirit of encouragement, please follow the link below to read and vote for your favorite entry.

Week 11 Flash Fiction Contest Voting/Indies Unlimited

Give yourself a treat and go read some Flash! It's interesting and fun to see the diverse writing styles and different ideas when reading the contest submissions.

Having fun with fiction,
Lady R (Di)

4 comments:

Roger said...

I voted for you...regardless I like yours the best anyway, and my vote has put you just ahead!!

Lady R (Di) said...

Raftnn,

Thank you my friend... I appreciate that!

It's a fun way to stretch the imagination muscles.

Dianna

Learning to Golf said...

Looked, read, voted. Some interesting reading.

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD... Thanks! I came in second! I appreciate you!