TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, November 10, 2008

PIC OF THE WEEK

SOUTHERN COMFORT
This beautiful little swamp is only about 8 miles from our house and it borders a residential neighborhood. We pass by it just about every time we go out for a ride. I've often wondered how many pets may have mysteriously disappeared as a result of walking a little too close to the water. Hmmm. It also reminds me of that old movie "Southern Comfort" when some Louisiana National Guard members got lost and had to survive in the middle of Cajun country!

Have a nice Monday everybody!

Lady R

7 comments:

Ann said...

I love the fall colors in the background...what a contrast!

Dean "D-Day" said...

That's pretty cool! I haven't seen anything like that since my last trip to Florida.

"Joker" said...

Awesome pic and yes, it does remind me of that movie, which I saw just before I left for Basic Training way back in '84.

What's that you said before?

"When the banjos start playing, it's time to git!" LOL!

Lady R (Di) said...

ann... I thought that was cool too. Mainly why I took the pic.

dean... care for a swim? LOL!

joker... hell yeah! You better git while the gitt'ens good! It's amazing how something so pretty can still give me the willies.

irondad said...

You're probably right about the swamp. What happened to all the ducks?

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Don't take your dog for a walk next to this one.

Looks beautiful!

Lady R (Di) said...

Irondad... ducks? What ducks. Oh.. you mean gator bait. They're usually not around long!

mr. m... Dogs make great gator bait too. It's amazing how beautiful something can be, yet house such danger.