TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, October 10, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - TRANQUILITY

This pic was taken last year around this time at one of our favorite resting stops, Hatchet Creek.  I know I've posted pics of this area before, but it's always so peaceful and quiet here.  I decided it will be okay to share it once again. 


TRANQUILITY
I looked up the word tranquility in the dictionary. It said... the stage or quality of being tranquil. 

So... (of course I did!)
Tranquil - adj., free from agitation or perturbation.  Peaceful.

I agree... and that's our lesson for the day.  Have a great week everybody!

Lady R

11 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Tranquil - adj., free from agitation or perturbation. Peaceful. Also known as Fall Break and 9 days off. I love my job this week!!

The pictures are beautiful and I wish I was there to see the colors first hand.

Canajun said...

Nice!

B.B. said...

Very nice!

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD... you lucky dog! Enjoy your week!

Canajun and BB... Thanks!!

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Lady R:

I am amazed at far advance the leaves are in chsnging colors down in SAlabama. They are no where near that here.

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Lady R (Di) said...

Dear Mr. Riepe,

These two pics came out of my archives. They were actually snapped last November. You're correct, that we haven't been cool enough to generate this much color, but I have thousands of pics of Hatchet Creek, (our favorite rest stop, remember) and I was merely trying to set the mood for Autumn. Sorry to mislead you.

We had two nice days of low temps (around the upper 60's) just to tease us and I got caught up in the change of it all. But alas, the southern warmth returned... and still lingers.

your (still sweltering) friend,
Lady R

Allen Madding said...

OK,
You're really making me want a weekend in a cabin in the woods :)

-Peace

Roger said...

That is a fantastic pic.

Lady R (Di) said...

Allen... this is the perfect weather to go camping. And YOU have the best backyard of all! :)

Raftnn... thank you!

Webster World said...

Great photo's. Our colors are about to peek.

Lady R (Di) said...

Webster... This was taken last year, our colors haven't fully come out yet.

Are you still traveling through Bama soon?