TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

CHANGES ARE COMING!!


It's time!  I've been toying with the idea of changing things up a bit, and after almost 4 years of blogging, I figured now was as good a time as any.  When I started this blog, it was all about motorcycles and riding. Being able to share my passion with others, while sharing where I lived, has allowed me to show you all just how beautiful our sweet home Alabama really is.

Our lives are always changing, however, and after the summer I've had, I've decided that I can either point this blog in another direction, or close shop.  Well, I don't want to quit writing, nor do I want to lose touch with my blogging friends, so... 

I'm giving the GLIDER RIDER a much needed facelift and a new name!

Don't fret now! I still have a hoard of motorcycle related pictures and experiences I want to share, but I'm also planning to expand my blog content to include other exciting "adventures" as well.  Before we acquired our two motorcycles, we used to have a pontoon boat that kept us on the water every weekend.  Trying to camp on it with two giant sized German Shepherds always proved to be a mistake... that we never learned from.  Before we had a pontoon boat, we used to "tear up" some woods in our little '78 Ford Courier, jumping ditches and dodging quicksand, as we tried our damnedest to beat that truck to death.  We lived in Puerto Rico for three years where we got to spend Christmases on the beach, but had to share our house with lizards the size of alligators!

Now... I have a Jeep.  I've never owned a Jeep before and within the first few miles of getting to know this vehicle, I quickly realized that this was going to allow me to tap into a whole 'nuther avenue of "fun times".  And it goes topless!  All I can say about that is... Woo Hooooo!!

I know some of you look forward to the Pic of the Week on Mondays and my weekly Friday Funny, so that will not change.  Bringing you every day life in a Wanda Sykes kind of way, however, will be my new goal. I hope you'll all find my blog to be even more entertaining than before, and I look forward to your continuing comments.

Stay tuned folks. Lady R's... "Southern Comfort"  launches her new look later this week.

Southern Comfort...
Where the Belles are Southern and the 'Necks are Red!

Y'all come back now... ya hear?
Lady R

11 comments:

Allen Madding said...

I definately wanna hear about living in Puerto Rico. This is a chapter of life I never knew about. That has to be a really good post in the making!

-Peace

Learning to Golf said...

Well, well, well.....embracing change is a good thing. Looking forward to some of that Southern Comfort.

RazorsEdge2112 said...

Looking forward to reading about Puerto Rico as well. I live in Sin City, a little Southern Comfort sounds rather nice. :-)

B.B. said...

I'm so looking forward to embracing this change with you! You always entertain, no matter what the subject! :)

mq01 said...

bring it ladyR! :D

Unknown said...

Lady R:

I love changes . . . can't wait . . . make sure to take lots of Jeep photos

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Lady R (Di) said...

Allen... We lived at Roosevelt Roads Naval Station for three years... tropical paradise! I have stories!!

AZD... Southern Comfort... where happy hour never ends!!

Razor... how 'bout some double shots... coming right up!

B.B... talking about motorcycles is great... laughing about life is the greatest!

Mq01... working on it! I should be ready to launch this week. I'm still playing with the templates to see which ones I like the best.

Bobskoot... well that's a good thing... cause they're a comin'!! Jeeps pics to follow. :)

Dean "D-Day" said...

I'm so glad that you're embracing the changes!
I'm really looking forward to hearing all the other tales!

Kathleen Jennette said...

I'm absolutely loving all this change thing you are giving us and am very much looking forward to it. Change is good they say and you are showing that it really is! Change on!!! (say it in place of "ride on") :)))))

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Looking forward to following your new and exciting changes!

GF said...

Looking forward to reading about your new adventures, jeep or no jeep ;-)