TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, October 17, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - FINDING YOUR POT OF GOLD

A few weeks ago, while Harley and I were exploring in our new Jeep, we drove past the Kilby Correctional Facility, one of the maximum security prisons not too far from our home. We noticed this rainbow after a brief storm blew through, and even though I've gotten many great rainbow pics before, my sick sense of humor just couldn't leave this one alone. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

irony na manner of speaking or writing in which the meaning literally expressed is the opposite of the meaning intended and which aims at ridicule, humor or sarcasm.

FINDING YOUR POT OF GOLD
The state of Alabama has 7 State Prisons and 2 Federal Prison Camps, so it's not unusual for us to pass one of these facilities when we venture out of the city limits in any direction, since most of them are near Mongtomery.  For some of these poor dudes, chasing rainbows to obtain their pot of gold didn't turn out so well.

I'm pretty sure I would hate prison life.

I've often wondered what goes through their minds when Harley and I would pass by on our Glides (which we did... often!) and they would be hanging on the fence... looking... watching... dreaming.

Freedom! Freedom! How I wish it were I... freedom!

Have a nice week everybody! Ride free!

Lady R

** Author's note:   Be sure to check out yesterday's post and don't be surprised if things look a little different soon. GLIDER RIDER is getting a new makeover and a new title!  Stay tuned...

6 comments:

mq01 said...

i have a prison within 2 blocks of home, i'll have to watch for rainbows more closely...if only they didnt move so far away whenever i get close ;)

Lady R (Di) said...

mq01... when I was just a little girl, my daddy always told me... "The reason we can't ever get to the end of the rainbow is because that's where the pot of gold is, and it's up to the leprechauns keep moving it so nobody can find it."

It worked for me!!

FLHX_Dave said...

I have seen this before. You always see this when some unaware inmate bend over to pick up the soap in the shower.

Taste the rainbow bro.

(why is my veri-word "phalic?")

Lady R (Di) said...

Dave... Maybe if they installed those "ass sinks" in prison... there wouldn't be any more rainbows!

http://ladyridesalot.blogspot.com/2011/10/friday-funny-how-to-get-men-to-wash.html

WooleyBugger said...

Well, that nice grassy lawn looks like a fine place to stop next time and have a pic-n-nick basket lunch.

Lady R (Di) said...

Wooley... Something tells me we'd be asked to leave. My mother in law pulled over within 50 yards of the front gate to use her cell phone one day. Within three minutes some uniformed gentleman was at her window asking her what her business was there... on the side of the road... in front of the prison.

She later told us, "If I'd have been on my toes I should have told the SOB I was waiting for Inmate #348832 so we can high tail it outta this hell hole!"
We just laughed and told her we're very glad she didn't!!