TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - COHUTTA MOUNTAIN IN GEORGIA

I know this post is a day late, but I didn't come out of the woods and off the mountain till yesterday and then I chose to nap my long weekend to a close.

Our summer was a little interrupted by unforeseen events, so when Harley and I had the chance to head for the hills for Labor Day... we did exactly that. We rented a cabin up on Lookout Mountain in Mentone, AL and rode the Jeep over to Georgia to explore in the Chattahoochee National Forest on some awesome fire roads.

COHUTTA MOUNTAIN IN GEORGIA
We found FR 17 that took us to the top on a sandy gravel interpretation of the "Tail of the Dragon", complete with very steep drops offs and no guard rails.

Just to give you an idea... if you were to step in the grass on the left side of this road, you would be looking down at a 90 to 100 foot drop... at least!

It was wickedly scary in a few places, but we had a wonderful weekend and very relaxing one at that!
I hope you all had a great holiday... I know I did!

Lady R

2 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Terrific pictures. Glad it was a good time up on that mountain.

Lady R (Di) said...

AZD... we had a great time. We want to go back to Georgia... we think they have better roads for Jeepin'. Besides, I just love toodling around the mountains.