TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, April 8, 2013

SPRING RIDING

Hey folks! I think I'm going to fire up the ol' blog again. It's been a nice riding season already (and it's only April!) and I'd feel selfish if I didn't share it with all of you.

I'll be honest, life's been good, and I wish I could spin out some really fascinating tale of kidnappings and top secret espionage but... that's not gonna happen. Sorry. The truth is, I didn't realize just how bad this blog was going to suffer when I set some New Year's resolutions way back in January. Geesh!

None the less, I'm back and I hope to rekindle your interest in my drivel.  There have been several birdies in my ear letting me know that I've been missed, so with that being said, let's go!
Scenic ride through Horseshoe Bend
 I've been enjoying the Boy while logging the miles... one breathless landscape at a time.  That's one thing that has not stopped!  In fact, this past Saturday, somewhere along the Talledega Scenic Highway, Harley and I noticed this busy little bee during one of our rest stops.
Buzzzzzz...
 He was big!

We saw several other riders out and about, so it was a very wavy day.
Fellow riders on Mt. Cheaha
We logged about 280 miles on the bikes while riding on Mt. Cheaha Saturday.  With the temps lingering in the low 70's by lunch time, it was a wonderful way to spend my day... taking notice of the beautiful playground my Creator made for me. 
Beautiful Cherry Tree near Logan Martin Lake
The Boy
 Life is Good!

Have a great week everybody!

Lady R

15 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Welcome back!!

Temps in the 70's sound lovely. One of these days we'll get out for a longer ride, but until then I'll live vicariously through your photos.

Kathleen Jennette said...

Spring has sprung and so has your blog! Welcome back!

RichardM said...

Beautiful header photo and welcome back!

Canajun said...

I'll add my voice to the chorus welcoming you back. Spring is still mostly un-sprung here. It's been cold and with lots of snow (and snow melt) still on the roads riding is still too unpleasant for me to be out. Still it's coming and your posts and pictures keep the anticipation high until I can get on my own two wheels instead of living vicariously.

Eve said...

You're doing great LR! I wish I could say he same. I sure do hope I can find the time to ride...let alone blog. And with my computer down photography is just not happening. Let me know when you and Harley head north on some beautiful weekend, I make an effort to meet you out there on the back roads!

Unknown said...

Lady Di:

I missed you !

Welcome back . . .

thanks
bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Lady R (Di) said...

Trobairitz,

I'm happy to share! In a few more weeks, when we are suffering with our triple digit temps... it will be my turn to be envious of YOUR location!

The grass is always greener,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

KT,

Spring, sprang, sprung! It needed to be awakened!

finally revived,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

RichardM,

Thank you! It's good to be back! :)

Writing again,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Canajun,

I'm sorry your still having winter leftovers, but I'm happy to bring you some Spring anticipation!

Thanks for coming back and not giving up on me!

Back to blogging,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Eve,

It would be awesome to meet up with you sometime! I'll be sure to let you know if we get up your way.

Ride on,
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Bobskoot,

Thanks... I missed you too!

Back, like a bad penny,
Lady R

mq01 said...

yay! cant wait to hear about everything thats been happening...

Lady R (Di) said...

Mq01,

Not anything spectacular... I can assure you of that. Just lots of nice riding miles. :)

Ready to bend an ear,
Lady R

Greg Prosmushkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.