TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

COMPETITION - COOL PLACES TO PARK A MOTORCYCLE

I realize that I'm a little late on joining this competition, but the deadline isn't until Monday... so here goes.

Gary over at Flies in your teeth started this and has asked fellow riders to post a picture of their motorcycle parked in a really cool place. While looking through my stash to see which pic I would use, I decided I liked this one with the Ol' Girl.
The Ol' Girl in front of Teasley's Mill on Hwy 231, Montgomery County
This was during the Fall, a couple years ago. Auburn was playing a game that day as I was flying my fan flag.

I'm really enjoy the "Boy" now, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't really miss my Ol' Girl.  She and I rode through a lot of stuff together, but I still think of her often and hope she's doing well under her new master.

I would also like to take this time to plug Gary's awesome new book, "France In America".  Here's his video about it...

I'm very blessed to have received one of these amazing books and I want to encourage you all to seek one out for yourself.  I enjoyed following Gary on his adventure while he was here in the states, and it's extra cool to look at the book and relive his journey with him again.

Hope you have a nice weekend... get out and ride!

Lady R

12 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Cool picture.

I didn't have any neato ones to contribute this go round.

isn't Gary's book amazing?

mq01 said...

love it! and i was wondering if you missed the ol'girl. AHA! ;)

garys book, love! now we can see what all the non-outdoorsy types are missing. ;)

WooleyBugger said...

I like this pic. Something about old places like that just make great photo ops

Kathleen Jennette said...

Love it!

Lady R (Di) said...

Trobairitz,

I've seen your pictures... sure you do!

And yes... Gary's book is amazing! He can be very proud of his achievement!

Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Mq01,

I do miss my 'Ol Girl... especially after a 300 mile day. I'm still good with the Boy, but I can sure tell a difference in my fatigue factor, not being on the Glide. It was definitely smoother.

But... I don't miss that extra weight. I enjoy being able to move the Boy around with more ease.

At least I'm still ridin',
Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

Wooley,

Thanks! I think I like old stuff, cause it reminds of the simpler days of the past.

Lady R

Lady R (Di) said...

KT,

Thanks friend!

Lady R

Webster World said...

I've been by that place on the 231. And each time we are going to stop and don't. I swear next time.

Webster World said...

Just watched the video. It was for us too as we went along with Gary a great ride it was. Had I noticed his map I do belive I'd of met up and rode with him for a bit.

Unknown said...

I totally love the video. It was a good idea that you actually posted it.

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this very awesome post with us. I enjoyed stopping by and watching that pretty neat video you shared. Have a great rest of your day.
Greg Prosmushkin