TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, December 5, 2011

PIC OF THE WEEK - MT. PLAYGROUND

One of my favorite places to ride, is up around Mt. Cheaha and Talladega National Forest.  Now that I have a Jeep, it's my favorite place to climb!  People have asked me, "Where do you spend your Saturdays these days?"  My answer is short and immediate... "the woods!"

MT. PLAYGROUND
The hills you see in the distance are the Talladega, Rebbecca, and Horn Mountains.  Harley and I have been all over the Mt. Cheaha area on our Glides, enjoying the hilly curves of the asphalt, but lately we've been exploring the rough and rugged ridge tops of these hills.
 

While exploring the rugged trails that cut through these steep hills, our Jeep adventures have allowed us to enjoy a part of our beautiful state that seems to be hidden from the rest of the world. It's amazing how peaceful and serene it is up there. 


I have accumulated quite a collection of pictures while trekking across these secluded pathways and I plan to share them with you all soon. 

Have a nice week everybody!

Lady R

7 comments:

Jim P said...

We are looking forward to seeing some of the back country ourselves. I had to leave my 4x4 behind during our cross-country move, but now have a Chevy 1 ton 4x4 with lots of lift and 38" tires and am looking forward to using it. The country down here is very different from Wa. state as far as mtns. go, but quite beautiful.

Trobairitz said...

I like how the color of the fall leaves compliment the Jeep....or does the Jeep compliment the leaves?

Great pics either way.

Roger said...

Looks awesome, great to see you getting out and about. Tekking seems like hard work tome though.

Lady R (Di) said...

Jim P... having been fortunate enough to spend many of my summers as a kid out in Wyoming, Montana and Colorado... I understand completely about the "mountains". We used to camp and play around on Bighorn, the Tetons and the Rockies. When I moved to the south, the very first time I rode through the Smokey mountains, I kept waiting to get to the rocky ridges. There were none! I thought, these aren't mountains... they're giant hills with beautiful forests!

Well, I've come to really appreciate the Smokey Mountains since I've been living here. It's one of my most favorite places to go!

Get out and enjoy that truck. You've got some awesome countryside to explore!

Trobairitz... I think both! I love the fall, with all it's earthy colors, maybe that's why I was attracted to the orange. I'm going to have some real trouble blending in at Easter though!

Raftnn... trekking IS much different than... cruising. And although it's much slower, it's still rewarding in it own ways. It's hard work only sometimes and fun pretty much all the time.

Unknown said...

Lady R:

You're killing me with your Jeep photos and Nature . . . We used to go on forest service roads too and were contemplating a TJ, we had an underpowered YJ but raised with 31" all terrain. I used to look forward to the snow so I could go out and drive in it.

I also love orange . . .

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

mq01 said...

such gorgeous terrain ladyR!...
and wow it reminds me alot of our redwoods, very similar...wow...

Lady R (Di) said...

Bobskoot... I don't mean to be so vicious, but I can't help myself... I'm having fun exploring the woods!

Mq01... Even though I think the terrain around my area is beautiful, it seems miniature compared to what you have out there! I would love to take this Jeep up into the Deep Redwood Forest. I can only imagine how beautiful it is there.