TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Friday, November 4, 2011

FRIDAY FUNNY - IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
 Warning: Today's funny is for ladies only. Sorry guys, you may just want to close your eyes... don't say I didn't warn you!

I had a flat tire yesterday, so I got out of the car and opened the trunk.

I took out my cardboard men, unfolded them, and stood them at the rear of  my car facing oncoming traffic.  The cars started slowing down to look at my life-like men, which made it safer for me to work at the side of the road. 

Unfortunately, traffic started backing up.  Everybody is honking their horns and waving like crazy.  I couldn't worry about all that, I had a flat tire to change. 

It wasn't long before a state trooper pulled up behind me and said... "What's going on here?"

"My car has a flat tire," I responded calmly.

"Well", he continued, "what are those cardboard men doing here by the road?"

I couldn't believe that he didn't know... So I told him,

"Helloooooo... those are my Emergency Flashers!"

Woooo Hoooo!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Emergency" Flashers is right - my heart rate accelerated so fast that I almost had to go to the "Emergency Room"!

mq01 said...

i could use those guys :D

Learning to Golf said...

Just wanted you to know I didn't read the text, but the picture made me think you were holding tryouts for a new cub. Are you becoming a Cougar Lady R?

SonjaM said...

Is there a light version available that can be carried around on a bike? It doesn't have to be that many... emergency flashers. LOL!

Lady R (Di) said...

Anonymous... oh no! Breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out...

Mq01... I wonder how handy they are around the house though. lol! ;}

AZD... LMAO!!! ME??? Still LMAO!!!! Well, let's just see... eh hemm (as she clears her throat)... GrrrrooOOOOOWWWwwwwl!
May need to work on it, but it's a good start, I guess. lol!!

SonjaM... you're right, probably 4 or 5 would do nicely to protect the rider while she's standing next to her machine. Problem is, I can't fix my own flat on a bike. Hmmmm... pretty boys may not be "all that" after all... bummer!

Bitchy said...

Can I borrow your emergency flashers???

Lady R (Di) said...

Bitchy... any time, just say when!

IHG said...

Oh my...those are some wonderful Emergency Flashers!!!! I can't look away, I might be here all night! :)