TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

BIG TEASE!!

Yesterday was my birthday, so to help me celebrate my 49 years of breathing in and out, Harley took the day off so we could hit the road together. I had one of the best rides ever to the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Leeds, Alabama. We logged about 270 miles, enjoyed some exciting twisties, and feasted our eyes on some beautiful motorcycles. I can't believe this place is so close to me and I'm just getting around to seeing it.

They say there is one of every kind of motorcycle ever made in this building. Five floors of displays, and this in only two thirds of the entire collection. The other third is stashed in the basement being readied to take their rightful place on the museum floor.
I have a lot to share with you, but since I'm going riding again today, (of course!) that post will have to wait. Instead, I thought I would throw you this little tease... just to wet your appetite.

Have a nice Saturday and keep the shiny side up!

Lady R

12 comments:

IHG said...

You are a tease but that's ok. It's fun to tease!!! LOL Holy lotta motorcycles there. WOW! Very cool! I love looking at motorcycles. They are such forms of Art. All the curves and chrome...all the mechanics of them. Can't wait for your next post! Have a great ride today!!!!

Mastercheif said...

Happy birthday!! What a great gift. Your man sure loves you!

Baron's Life said...

Happy Birthday to you...you're so lucky to be able to visit this place...and see so many motorcycles...would love to see it...great post...enjoy the weekend.

Learning to Golf said...

Happy Birthday! I would love to see that museum and will add it to my list of must sees. Look forward to the rest of the story.

Miss FJR said...

Birthday wishes for the birthday girl! You picked a great place to help celebrate your special day! Hope I get there too someday, but in the meantime, please share more of your story when you get a chance!

Lady R (Di) said...

Steph... I think you'd have loved this place! Very cool indeed. I plan to put a slide show together, since that will be the best way to show all the beautiful bikes and I took a lot of pics!

Masterchief... Thank you very much. He sure does... and I'm very thankful for that! He made sure I had the best birthday ever! ;)!!

Baron... Thank you! I had a wonderful day! This is the kind of place you would like to visit again... and again. As I stated, they don't even have everything displayed yet, so they are always adding to the collection.

AZDude... Thanks! This would be worth the stop. In fact, it's even worth going out of the way for! Let me know if you ever get a chance to get over here, we could definitely take another day ride that way.

Miss FJR... I kept looking for the one that had birthday ribbon around it... but never found it. LOL! Maybe I was just supposed to pick whichever one I wanted! Oh well... it's fun to dream!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Wow! That place looks awesome!
Would love to visit some day.

mq01 said...

happy bday ladyR!!! sounds like you and harley were able to spend it together in a fantastic way :) woohoo!!! cheers!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

Dean... this was the coolest place ever! I could stay in this place a long time and just enjoy looking and looking. Maybe you can get down here for a visit and we can be your southern hospitality crew. ;)

mq01... Thanks sista! I enjoyed lots of good riding and just an all around great weekend. Made some goals for myself and I've given myself one year to complete them. Ready... set... go!!

"Joker" said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Word Ver: grays

Are they trying to tell us something??? LOL!

mq01 said...

lol...look out!!! ready set go!! im with ya sista!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

Joker... Thanks friend... and we won't talk about grays! I've been keeping my hairdresser in fine jewels for over 15 years now. I followed my Mom's lead and started turning at an early age... only I wasn't ready for that!!

mq01... I'm always ready!! Woo Hoo!