TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Monday, June 22, 2009

PIC OF THE WEEK

Harley and I spent Father's Day riding the Glides up around Lake Martin and found ourselves at the Horseshoe Bend Military Park in Dadeville. I've posted about this being one of my favorite places and I refer to it as my own personal "Tara".

A KITTYWOMPASS ALABAMA "TAINT" TREE
We were stretching our legs along the river, under some shade, and we noticed this odd tree. We made jokes about what we thought it looked liked, and we came up with a fact that we never realized... that even trees have "taints".

I'll even give you a two-fer again today, cause this tree had a bonus hole. Check it out.
This was the view from the other side. LOL!

(Author's note: For those of you not familiar with our Southern terminology; kittywompass means... slightly misaligned)

Hope you all had a nice Father's Day and here's to a great week. Happy Monday everybody!

Lady R

12 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

Tree taint?!
Now I KNOW that you've totally lost it.

Learning to Golf said...

Slightly misaligned indeed, but pretty funny too.

Baron's Life said...

misaligned is beautiful....lol
you know the saying....
" a hole's a hole"

Ann said...

Now that's a riot! Love it!

mq01 said...

:) !!! and i spy a glide in the background... great stuff, looks like a perfect sunday to me.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Vangoh neckid tree. The hoo hoo is not in the "crotch".

IHG said...

Wow...now that is a F'd up tree! LOL My mom uses Kittywompass all the time when she talks about stuff. Funny! :)

Lady R (Di) said...

LOL! Well, maybe! I think my brain got fried in the heat. We rode in 98 degrees with a heat index of 105. This tree was providing some nice shade, so it was looking pretty good to us. LOL!

AZD... see my note to Dean. Obviously the heat was making us quite silly! I thought I saw Harley wings in the wood grain on some paneling of a bathroom wall that day. LOL!

Baron... well just look at it! What else does it look like to you? LOL! Maybe I should have posted the pic and got ya'll to write in what YOU thought it looks like. Might have got some more interesting thoughts on it.

Ann... while we were laughing about the tree, I made a comment that, maybe this was too crass, even for Lady R. My hubby thought a minute, shrugged is shoulders and said, "Tell 'em 'Harley said...'" LOL!

mq01... great eye! If you look really close, you can barely see my front fender parked behind hubby's glide. If I'd have been smart, I'd have positioned both bikes to be in the background. That would have been a cool shot. It would have been the only thing cool that day!

Mr. M... yeah, I kind of noticed that one little flaw. Mother Nature is really whacked sometimes, heh?

Steph... I put the explanation in as an afterthought. Sometimes we make up our own words around here, but that's a frequently used one. Yeah, the tree is a little F'd I'd say. LOL!

Mastercheif said...

SO, I think maybe you have become a little Kittywompass. Even in squatch standards it is awesomely strange to see taint in a tree. LOVED This!! Is it a fur tree, and can you give me directions. My wifes gone for a month and I'm a bit desperate!

Canajun said...

Hey, a new word. Now everything I see that's a bit out of whack will be kittywompass - like the front and rear wheels of my TL125.

What would be interesting is the origins of that word. Any ideas?

B.B. said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Lady R (Di) said...

Masterchief... some would say kittywompass... or some would argue demented is more like it. LOL!
So you want to tap into that tree you say? Man... you must be proud! LOL!

canajun... you'd be surprised how many thing we have here that IS "kittywompass". Not sure where it originated, but it sure gets used a lot!

B.B. ... your welcome. Glad your back and can't wait to hear all about it. :)