TALLADEGA SCENIC HIGHWAY ON MT. CHEAHA ~ ALABAMA ~ photo taken by Dianna Stover
All material posted here is the original property of Lady R, author of this blog, unless linked from another source or otherwise noted. All material and photos not to be reprinted without permission.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

101 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME 76 - 101

Okay! This is the last post of my mindless ramblings of who knows what! It's time for you people to get out of my head!

76. I used to water ski on the Mississippi River.

77. When I smell cows and pigs, it makes me think of home. (Iowa)

78. I love corn on the cob.

79. The last book I read was "The Shack" by William P. Young.

80. I still get butterflies in my stomach before a long ride.

81. I played first base in the Woman's Softball League while stationed at the Naval Air Station in Meridian, MS.

82. I tried to grow Sea Monkeys. More than once!

83. I don't care to listen to music when I ride. It interrupts my thinking.

84. I hate boiled okra. Yuck!

85. I got to ride along once in a MediVac Helicopter while they performed practice maneuvers. Touch and Go's were my favorite!

86. I had a teenage love crush on Keith Partridge. (swoon!)

87. My favorite dessert is Tiramisu. Yummy!

88. Beer bravery has caused me some embarrassing moments.

89. I saw Leonard Nimoy (Spock) once while driving through Hollywood.

90. I was a bartender for 6 months. Best money I ever made!

91. My feet are ticklish.

92. During High School, I used to hitch hike everywhere I went.

93. I drink a big glass of chocolate milk almost every night before I go to bed.

94. I have a low tolerance for sassy kids and ignorant people!

95. I still read the Comics on Sunday mornings.

96. I'm very sensitive to other peoples feelings.

97. I get distracted from whatever I'm doing if I hear a motorcycle go down the street.

98. It is my dream to take a year off and ride my motorcycle across the United States and visit them all.

99. I want to go to Sturgis when there is NOT a Rally. (Explaination: I'm all up for a great party. But if I make it that far, 1518.87 miles to be exact, I want to ride those roads open and free, not bogged down with the traffic of thousands of other bikers. Sorry.)

100. The older I get, the less I worry about what people think of me. (F%#k 'em if they can't take a joke!)

And last, but certainly not least...

101. At my funeral, I want everyone to drink beer, eat chocolate covered strawberries, and watch a rockin' slide show of all the fun I had while they celebrate my life!

Well, this has been fun! I hope one day we can get together for a huge Blogger's Rally and we can all laugh about our crazy lives! Later friends!

Lady R

21 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

#80 - me too, that is why I always leave at 3:00 AM

#88 - I'm there with you sister, but it has all been fun

Ann said...

Yup, Beer Bravery could be my middle name! But it's all good! :)

Dean "D-Day" said...

#80: I still get butterflies too.

#94: I generally can't stand other people's kids and stupid people really piss me off!

#97: I get distracted by the sound of motorcycle too. Almost in a hypnotic trance.

B.B. said...

I can say ditto to almost your whole list. But #82, twice....c'mon! :)

"Joker" said...

#88 Sounds way too familiar!

#90 I was a parking valet for about a year. Ditto on the $$!

#94 Ya think?

#100 At the rate I'm going, I ought to be one of the world's biggest assholes if I live to be 70 or better!

Mastercheif said...

The smell of cow and pig turd is so intoxicating. My grandpa ha a farm and I loved the smell. I knew all was right in the world when the cows were ripe and the chips were dry enough to throw.

Lady R (Di) said...

AZ Dude... The excitement before a trip is awesome! #88-I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! LOL! Just don't dare me to show something!

Ann... I know your brave! LOL! YOur right... all is good!

Dean... On #97... I can almost guarantee, I would rather be riding than whatever else I'm doing! Are you my brother? LOL!

B. B. #82...I never could get the little suckers to get big enough to see them. I wonder if any body ever has?

Joker... #90 - I suppose you got to sit in some pretty nice rides too, heh? BTW... once a Masshole, always a Masshole! LOL!

Masterchief... I hit my cousin in the head on time with a big dried up cow patty. When it connected, it burst into a powdery bomb. I ran for my life and luckily, I got to the grown ups before he got to me!

Anonymous said...

#94 - Me too! Go figure how I ever succeeded at being a high school teacher???

Mr. Motorcycle said...

rE: 99
There is nothing in Sturgis worth seeing or riding for if not Bike Week. IT MAY AS WELL BE A FLAT DESERT LIKE GHOST TOWN.

Save yourself the time, and go straight to the Black Hills for a good ride.

Lady R (Di) said...

Mrs. RC... It takes a special person to deal with kids all day! I'd probably be knocking heads together by the end of the day. I don't think I would be a teacher very long!

Mr. M... My brothers went to Sturgis and they told me that riding in the Black Hills, the Needles and other places like that were totally awesome. Most pics I've seen of their visit looks too crowded to really enjoy the road. I will get there one day.

Webster World said...

#77 Me too. #80 as well #83 I agree any music is in my mindless #84 Yuck! Tiramisu?? #88 faults courage. #94 Me too BIG time #97 It's a biker thing they would'nt understand. #100 yep

Anonymous said...

I like ridng, and I have joined a riding club called mybikermatch.com/...it is very cool..

Lady R (Di) said...

Webster... Tiramisu (Italian: Tiramisù / Veneto: Tiramesù, IPA: [tirame'su]) is one of the most popular Italian desserts. It is made of savoiardi dipped in coffee and layered with mascarpone cream cheese and zabaglione.
Wikipedia has a nice picture of it in their description. It's YUMMY!

Anony... thanks for stopping by. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Lady R,
The poster about Sturgis is only partially right. There is nothing IN Sturgis outside the rally, but the riding all theough the black Hlls is totally mesmerizing. I would go back any time if you need a riding partner.
As far as the rest of the list...Yes to most of them. Not to the ones about looking for guys..Ha Ha Ha.

Bucky

Anonymous said...

And dont take this the wrong, but I can't wait until your funeral, just for the party (#101). And as for #100 DILLIGAF... right!!

Webster World said...

Looks dangerously rich. I'll be lookin for it.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Lady R., and Bucky,

I thought that was what I said...

Second paragraph in my comment said "Save yourself the time, and go straight to the Black Hills for a good ride."

Sorry if I was misunderstood.
The Black Hills, and needles would be spectacular.

Anonymous said...

We need to rise up against Anonymous with his or her spam! Cursed spammer! Nice list Lady R.

Big Daddy said...

Know I know ya better.
I love ya even more. :]

Biker Betty said...

I am so there with #80. Just when I really need a good nights sleep, I'm all jittery and can't wait. #83 - I love to listen to my ipod. My husband's like you, though. #86 I have two Partridge Family records still.

What a great list!!!

Lady R (Di) said...

Bucky... I'm soooo hoping we can all ride on a nice trip some day together.
And I know we are always up for a good party, but I hope your not dancing at my funeral for at least 40 more years! LOL! Love ya bro!

Webster... You'll have to let me know when you try some. Harley hates it!

Mr. M... LOL! I understood perfectly. Maybe Bucky didn't, but I did. No worries! :)

Road Captain... Thanks! You and Di ought to do your own list. Inquiring minds want to know! LOL!

Big D... aw shucks. A warm fuzzy. I love warm fuzzies! Thanks!

Betty... I'm such a big rock fan, and I love to listen to music, but I like to get into it. So when I'm riding, I'd rather be taking in the elements and making sure I can hear things around me( over my pipes anyway). I laughed when you said you still have some Partridge Family records. I was sooo in love with that goofy Keith Partridge, I was pathetic! LOL!